Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Love!

This won't be like my previous posts, but I've thought about writing this for a while now.

Today is exactly one year since I met my future husband in the chat room on Atheist Nexus! This has been the best year of my life. I have never met anyone who inspires me to be more creative and makes me happier. He's also a damn good rational thinker!

There have been quite a few hurdles to get past, the biggest being that we live on different continents, but our relationship itself has always gone strong since the day we met. We are still putting the pieces in place to be able to live together, but things are moving along at a steady pace. Now we just have to figure out how to not cause a family issue when we remind my dad in a few months that we will not welcome guided prayer at our wedding in July.

My motivation to write this was partially to commemorate the day, but also to thank Atheist Nexus for existing. Thank you to everyone who has made that site possible in any way, being it from discussion contribution, donation, and, of course, Brother Richard. Who knows what weirdo I would have ended up with otherwise.

(If you are not a member, there is a link to Atheist Nexus to the right. Join it!)

1 comment:

  1. It was an amazing year, and we will have many more of those together. I love you.

    ReplyDelete